Friday, November 25, 2005

if God wasn't sovereign...

or even if He was, but didn't remind me of that fact quiet often, i would go crazy or into a depressed funk and never come out.

That's the thought I pondered for a while on my escape back to Woodstock from Carrollton tonight. I realized that when I forget that fact and lose the perspective that He's in control AND good and, therefore, the world (especially the one of my family) is not on my shoulders, I get really, really, really drained. I get sad, worried, frustrated, hopeless and my survival mechanism is to run, run, run. Emotionally I am drained and have nothing to give to anyone, yet feel guilty for it because I've forgotten that it's not ME they need after all!

Oh, thankful, rested, at peace, sturdy in the storm, able to "stay" and love...that's what happens when I'm beleiving in the One who is in control and with that with an arm of love.

I failed again today, as I always do, at remembering this and relating to my family based on that simple and life-altering truth. God please help me to know it, not just in my head, but in my walk in life. Help me to rest in You and hang in there with others no matter how overwhelming their problems seem to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home